Embark on an adventure tour of Nepal and India, from the rich wildlife of the Himalayan foothills, across the sacred River Ganges, to the birthplace of Buddha. Between Kathmandu and Delhi see the pilgrimage to the ghats of Varanasi, tip-toe through the most exciting places to visit in Delhi and visit the magnificent Taj Mahal of Agra. An adventure that will bring all your senses alive, this trip through Nepal and India is an incredible way to see the best of the region.
Why we love this trip
- Fall in love with Nepal, prayer flags and spicy chai in stunning Kathmandu
- Explore Old Delhi by foot and cycle rickshaw, where ancient temples stand against extravagant billboards advertising Bollywood films
- Discover how the Taj Mahal, one of the most recognisable buildings in the world, still has the power to surprise even the most experienced travellers
- Forget about setting an alarm, there’s only one way to wake up in this world and that’s with a sunrise sail along the Ganges
- The chance to come face-to-face with black-horned rhinos in Chitwan National Park
Is this trip right for you?
- You must have an Indian visa in your passport prior to starting this trip.
- This trip crosses the Nepal-India border on Day 7. Indian e-visas do not apply when entering overland. Please see the visa and passport section of the Essential Information for more information.
- This trip involves travel on public transport and some long days of driving – Day 7: Lumbini to Varanasi (approximately 10 hours), an overnight train on Day 10: Varansi to Orchha (approximately 15 hours) – so some patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment here. Sit back, relax, watch the scenery go by, and embrace travelling like a local.
- Nepal and Nth India can get very cold in winter, please pack accordingly
Return flights from Dublin