Discover Indonesia’s beautiful island escape. Dotted with small, character-filled villages, smouldering volcanoes rising out of lush rich fields, idyllic beaches and colourful reefs, Bali is the perfect island getaway. Conquer the slopes of simmering Mt Batur, explore an underwater world in Bali Barat National Park, feast on delicious Balinese cuisine and enjoy moments of absolute peace in Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a Hindu-Buddhist lake temple dedicated to the goddess of the waters. Fall in love with the warmth of the people, the ornate customs and welcoming culture that is synonymous with beautiful Bali.
Why we love this trip
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But there’s also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs, laze on the beach or stroll around botanical gardens
- Immerse yourself in Balinese culture – you’ll eat street food with locals, meet songket weavers, witness a traditional Kecak dance performance and visit a Hindu-Buddhist island temple
- Adventure to the summit of Mt Batur, where, on a clear morning, dazzling sunrise vistas stretch across the Lombok Strait, all the way over to the peaks of Mt Rinjani
- Escape the tourists – and the heat – in Sidemen, a lovely, peaceful village nestled in the hills
Is this trip right for you?
- A good level of fitness is essential, as there are a range of physical activities included (cycling from Ubud, walking up Mt Batur at sunrise, and snorkelling in Bali Barat National Park).
- There is one very early start – your sunrise climb of Mt Batur kicks off at 3 am. This means you’ll be walking over some gravel and volcanic rock in the dark. Head torches, warm clothing and good walking shoes are a must. The view at sunrise is well worth the effort, especially if the weather’s fine!
- Bali is blessed with a consistent climate for most of the year.
- Ubud – Guided walk
- Ubud – Kecak dance performance
- Ubud – Bumi Sehat Hosted Visit
- Ubud – Bike tour: Taro to Ubud
- Sideman – Guided walking tour and traditional lunch
- Mt Batur – Entrance Fee
- Mt Batur – Climb with local guide
- Lovina – Snorkelling Menjangan Island Reef
- Lovina – Bali Barat NP Snorkelling
- Lovina – Banjar Hot springs entrance
- Munduk – Waterfall visit
- Bedugul – Lake Bratan Temple
- Lovina – Seririt Market visit
- Bedugal – Bali Botanical Gardens
Based on 2 adults travelling and includes flights, 2 nights pre-trip in Ubud and airport transfers.
BOOK on 059 8633 836
059 8633 836
All offers are subject to availability at the booking stage. It is always advisable to book as soon as possible. E&OE.
Travel Counsellors is Licenced and Bonded with the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Ireland. Licence Number is TA0621.